Summer Reading Event: The YA of Omnific Publishing
We are co-hosting a Summer Reads Event with the YA titles of Omnific Publishing. The event will run August 6-11, 2012.
GIVEAWAYS: The Grand Prize offering is Omnific’s entire YA catalog in eBook format! Some stops are giving away individual titles as well.
Monday, August 6:
- JennReneeRead ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- World of Books ~ Review EMBRACE
- Rondo of a Possible World ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- Paper Cuts ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- A Tale of Many Reviews ~ Excerpt from LIFE, LIBERTY, and PURSUIT
Tuesday, August 7:
- Kimmie’s Bookshelf ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- For The Love Of Film And Novels ~ Review EMBER
- Read-A-holicZ ~ Review EMBER
- BookBreather ~ Review STREAMLINE
- Purple Epidemic Reviews ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- Wintry Words ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- whoopeeyoo ~ Review EMBRACE
- A Tale of Many Reviews ~ Sebastian & Draven Tweets from EMBER
Wednesday, August 8:
- A Dream Within A Dream ~ Review EMBER
- Lovey Dovey Books ~ Review SHADES OF ATLANTIS
- Book Nerd ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- DanaSquare ~ Review EMBER *SPOILERS*
- Samthebookaholic ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- Tien’s Blurb ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- Reader Girls ~ Review BREAKING POINT
- YA Book Addict ~ Promotional Post
- A Tale of Many Reviews ~ Six Words for STREAMLINE
Thursday, August 9:
- Bookworm Lisa ~ Review STREAMLINE
- Nawanda Files ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- A Diary Of A Book Addict ~ Review BREAKING POINT
- FireStarBooks ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- Nose In A Book ~ Review STREAMLINE
- Speculating on SpecFic ~ Review EMBRACE
- Once Upon A Book ~ Review LIFE LIBERTY PURSUIT
- A Tale of Many Reviews ~ EMBRACE: Note from Isaac and Excerpt
Friday, August 10:
- Fantasy’s Ink ~ YA Chat with the YA Authors of Omnific
- A Soul Unsung ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- My Life is a Notebook ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- Mostly YA Book Obsessed ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- A Tale of Many Reviews ~ Genre Mesh-Up of DESTINY’S FIRE
Saturday, August 11:
- The Literati Press ~ Review EMBER
- Always YA at Heart ~ Review BREAKING POINT
- Memories Overtaking Me ~ Review LIFE LIBERTY PURSUIT
- Comfort Books ~ Review EMBER
- Sweet Southern Home ~ Review BREAKING POINT
- whoopeeyoo ~ Review DESTINY’S FIRE
- We Fancy Books ~ Promotional Post
- Bookish Temptations ~ Review SHADES OF ATLANTIS
- A Tale of Many Reviews ~ Interview with Jess Bowen of BREAKING POINT
It’s the year 2040, and sixteen-year-old Dez Harkly is one of the last of her kind—part of a nearly extinct race of shape-shifters descended from guardians to the Egyptian pharaohs. Her home and her secret are threatened when the Council lowers the barrier, allowing the enemy race to enter the Shythe haven.
As the Narcolym airships approach, Dez and her friends rebel against their Council and secretly train for battle. Not only is Dez wary of war and her growing affection for her best friend Jace, but she fears the change her birthday will bring. When Dez’s newfound power rockets out of control, it’s a Narcolym who could change her fate… if she can trust him.
Dez’s guarded world crumbles when she discovers why the Narcos have really come to Haven Falls, and she’s forced to choose between the race who raised her and the enemy she’s feared her whole life.
How far would you go to save the people you love?
Madison is familiar enough with change, and she hates everything about it. Change took her long-term boyfriend away from her. It caused one of her friends to suddenly hate her. It’s responsible for the death of a local along with a host of other mysterious happenings. But when Madison meets a hot new guy, she thinks her luck is about to improve.
Madison is instantly drawn to the handsome and intriguing Isaac Addington. She quickly realizes he’s a guy harboring a secret, but she’s willing to risk the unknown to be with him.
Her world really spins out of control, however, when her best friend becomes delusional, seeing things that aren’t there and desperately trying to escape their evil. When the doctors can’t find the answers, Madison seeks her own.
Nothing can prepare her for what she is about to discover.
Dangerous, intoxicating, and darkly romantic, Embrace is a thriller that will leave you spellbound.
When Candra Ember wakes up in hospital after a dangerous encounter with a red-haired woman, she is shocked to discover that seeing a winged boy wasn’t her imagination. Candra is exposed to a world of rivalry and sacrifice she never knew existed, and the aftermath of a war to save humanity thousands of years ago. Soon she finds herself relentlessly stalked by Sebastian, a beautiful and arrogant Watcher Angel and romantically pursued by his darkly seductive rival, Draven. Ultimately, dubious about her own goodness, Candra’s very existence compromises a tentative peace in the city of Acheron.
Love is sudden, fierce, and full of choices …
When college-bound Eliza falls into a cruise-ship pool, she doesn’t expect to fall in love. And when navy recruit David pulls her from the water, he finds her surprisingly hard to resist. But a whirlwind of rescues, candlelit nights, and beachside misunderstandings pulls them into a four-day love affair that threatens to break their hearts before their love has a chance to start.
When David leaves for endless drills and physical training in boot camp, and Eliza returns to Albuquerque to prepare for Princeton in the fall, they dare to keep loving each other and struggle to imagine a future when they can be together. But when miles and mistrust pull them apart, they are forced to choose between keeping true to their dreams and having the courage to love.
Since the death of their parents, Triona Pryor and her brother, Ben, have lived with their aunt and uncle in Camden, Maine. Now in her senior year of high school, Triona loves her family and friends, but she has always felt that she didn’t quite fit in…in Camden, or anywhere else.
Enter Caleb Wallace, the devilishly handsome man who has recently moved to Triona’s small town. While their attraction to each other is instantaneous, it also proves to be dangerous…and deadly.
When tragedy strikes, Triona flees to London for solace and to start her life anew. It’s there she discovers from an unlikely source that her family has been keeping secrets from her – secrets about not only her birthright, but her ultimate destiny as well. Armed with this knowledge, Triona finds herself thrown into a whole new world and into a battle to save the lives of everyone she loves.
“On our most honored of days, one that none have ever called their own, five will be born. Four will be the Masters of the Elements, fierce warriors, and with talents of immeasurable greatness.”
Phoebe Johnson and Ethan Smith had everything they needed: loving parents, great friends, and admission letters to Ivy League schools they’d be heading to in the fall. If only they knew that they were never going to reach the end of that summer, at least, not in the world they knew. A secret waits to be revealed on the eve of their nineteenth birthday, a secret that is going to change their lives forever when it leads them to a place they never believed existed, love they could never imagine living without, and power they never suspected they possessed.
Jess Bowen expertly plunges readers into an imaginative, supernatural world that refuses to bow down to the darkness that’s all but taken over. Amidst this adventurous quest for a lost prophecy, Bowen weaves in powerful tales of love that will leave the characters and readers breathless.
Seems like Leo Scott has it all: looks, brains, and athletic talent. He’s captain of his high school swim team with a bright future in college and beyond. But Leo has secrets. His mother’s crippling car accident has devastated his family and left Leo to deal with his father’s abuse, battered and alone. Leo’s girlfriend Audrey Rose is poised for her own share of success. As one of Florida’s top high school swimmers, Audrey dreams of college swimming stardom. But there’s an obstacle to her glorious rise to the top. Her number-one supporter-her father-is in prison for murder. Part murder mystery, part tale of young love in a military family, this gripping story takes readers on a journey from Pensacola to Annapolis. Leo and Audrey must band together to rise above the adversity they encounter and find their true selves in the process. When everything’s on the line . . . streamline.