Bestseller ON THE ISLAND Event with Tracey Garvis Graves and Penguin Publishing
Already an internet sensation with more than 7,000 reader reviews and ratings (GoodReads & Amazon), the book is already a national ebook bestseller. Now with the Plume publication, and a movie deal in the works from MGM and the producers of the Twilight movies, ON THE ISLAND is sure to become the most talked about book of the summer and beyond.
Welcome to the ON THE ISLAND Event! This week in addition to reviews and posts, select blogs are hosting a word from the author’s favorite quotes in the book as a Scavenger Hunt! There is one quote from Anna and one from T.J. Visit each stop this week to find the hidden words (they will be numbered for order) and after July 22nd, submit your answer to the quotes here! Random winners for books and swag will be chosen and notified by July 29th.
Also, next week July 23-27, there will be even more events and chances to win the book and swag!
- Monday, July 23 at 8:00 pm CST – Chat with the author Tracey Garvis Graves! We will be chatting with the author on Savor Chat: http://www.savorchat.com/chat/on-the-island-chat Come join us! (You can sign in with twitter or facebook)
- Each day look at #ontheisland on twitter for random shout outs to win books and swag! @Tale_of_Reviews
- ON THE ISLAND releases in bookstores Tuesday, July 17th! If you see the book in stores or ‘in the wild’ take a picture. Please tweet it and use hashtag #ontheisland. Or you can post it to facebook! Please submit twitter and facebook links of your post/tweet here!
Monday, July 16:
- Unabridged Bookshelf ~ Excerpt #1
- Some Like It Paranormal ~ Top 10 Post
- Kindle and Me ~ Review
- A Book and a Short Latte ~ Review
- I Read Indie ~ Six Words for ON THE ISLAND
- Deco My Heart ~ Review
- Mrs Mommy Booknerd’s Book Reviews ~ Author Interview 2(2)
- A Book and a Short Latte: Review
Tuesday, July 17:
- The Reading Date ~ Excerpt #2
- The Autumn Review ~ Character Interview with Anna
- Winter Haven Books ~ Review
- Mercurial Musings ~ Character Quotes
- Hackaroo’s Reviews ~ Top 10 with TJ
- Book Brats ~ Anna’s Travel List (Question #1)
- Book Nerds ~ Interview with T.J.
Wednesday, July 18:
- A Tale of Many Book Reviews ~ Review
- A Tale of Many Reviews ~ Spotlight
- The Book Barbies ~ Review
- Book Breather ~ Review
Thursday, July 19:
- Always YA at Heart ~ Review
- The Bookish Babes ~ Excerpt #3
- Nose In A Book ~ Questions with Anna: Skills
- FireStarBooks ~ Author Interview 1(2)
- Book Loving Mom ~ Question with TJ: Personality
- A Diary Of A Book Addict ~ Review
- Sweet Southern Home ~ Review
- Chocolate Coffee Books ~ Review
- Have Book, Will Read ~ Review
- Into the Hall of Books ~ Excerpt #6
- Mostly YA Book Obsessed ~ Question for TJ: Handy Man
Friday, July 20:
- That Artsy Reader Girl ~ Excerpt #4
- Letters Inside Out ~ Review
- We Fancy Books ~ Cast of Characters
- Mission to Read ~ Review
- In Between: Review
Saturday, July 21:
- Lovey Dovey Books ~ Review
- For The Love Of Film And Novels ~ Review
- A Dream Within A Dream ~ Review
- Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf ~ Intro to ON THE ISLAND
- Journey with Books ~ Excerpt #5
- Reader Girls ~ My Writing Cave
Sunday, July 22:
- BlookGirl ~ Review
- whoopeeyoo ~ Review
- Jersey Girl Book Reviews ~ Review
- Crossroads ~ Review
- Alluring Reads ~ Review
- Reading in the Nude ~ Review
In this addicting novel, reminiscent of Blue Lagoon and Cast Away, two people stranded on an island struggle to survive (and slowly fall in love) in the runaway New York Times bestseller.
ON THE ISLAND
Tracey Garvis Graves
Get swept away this summer with the fiction phenomenon of the season, ON THE ISLAND (Plume, on-sale July 10th, 2012, ISBN: 9780142196724).
Anna Emerson is a thirty-year-old English teacher desperately in need of adventure. Beautiful and energetic, she has become worn down by the coldChicagowinters and a relationship that’s going nowhere. Needing escape and possibly adventure, she jumps at the chance to spend the summer on a tropical island tutoring sixteen-year-old T.J.
T.J. Callahan has no desire to go anywhere, not that anyone asked him. His cancer is in remission and he wants to get back to his normal life. But his parents are insisting he spend the summer in theMaldives, catching up on all the school he missed last year, instead of his social life.
When the unlikely pair board a private plane headed to the Callahan’s summer home, they have no idea their lives are about to change forever. As they fly over theMaldives’ twelve hundred islands, the unthinkable happens. Their pilot has a heart attack mid-air and their plane crashes in shark-infested waters. Somehow, they make it to shore alive, but only to discover that they’re stranded on an uninhabited island with little aside from the clothes on their backs.
At first, their only thought is survival. But as the days turn to weeks, and then months, the castaways encounter many obstacles, including violent tropical storms, the many dangers lurking in the sea, and the looming possibility that T.J.’s cancer could return.
Their bond grows along with their passing birthdays, and Anna begins to wonder if the biggest challenge of all might be living with a boy who is gradually becoming a man.
Tracey Garvis Graves lives in a suburb ofDes Moines,Iowa with her husband, two children, and hyper dog Chloe. This is her first novel. She loves hearing from her fans, and can be found at on Twitter @tgarvisgraves and at facebook.com/tgarvisgraves.